Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Abbie and The BIG GIRL BED

Oh My Goodness - WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING!!!

Abbie is so tall now and growing like a weed.  She still so very small but has grown out of her cloths length wise.  Which lead me to take down the crib.  I was so afraid she was going to lean over and fall out.  She never once tried to get out the crib, which was great.  I just thought it has to go!

We do strange things when we are under stress!  And for me it was "lets take down the crib and get Abbie to sleep in the big girl bed"!  Why I thought this was a bright idea while Andy is recovering from the Double Lung Transplant, I don't know.  When I get something in my head to do - I am like a bull dog till it is done!  So, I took down the crib two weeks ago!

First night was good, it only took 6 times and she was in the bed sleeping.  The next night not as good and well it has gone down hill since.  LOL.

She loves her bed and totally understand get in the bed.  When I tell her it is time to go to sleep and lets get in the bed, she runs right in there and gets in bed.  The problem is she won't stay in the bed.  She will giggle, laugh, smile and look at you with her big beautiful dark brown eyes and lay there for about 2 mins till you are out of the room.  (by the way this is where I get the most eye contact, and I will take it).  Then she is up and running downing the hall laughing and giggling.

One night I was so frustrated I had to just laugh my self.  Because really "It is my fault " to push this on her, but she is 4!  And 4 year old sleep in big girl beds.

After almost two weeks, I broke down and bought a gate to put in the door way of her room.  I just had to or this is going to be a long long ordeal.

Now Abbie goes to bed and I don't have worry about her running around the house while I am sleep.  My greatest fear is for her to do this and something happen while I am sleeping.  Now since the gate is up she will swing on the bed room door, bang on the closet doors, pull out her drawers.  And she thinks this is just the bees knees!!!  I love My Girl!!!! Just Love Her!!!  I will watch all this while she does it! Crazy.  And lots of "Abbie Big Girl its bed time, lets go to bed and I put her in her bed".  And then she gets right back up.

Two nights ago, she actually stayed in the bed and went to sleep.  But most of the time she gets her blankly and falls asleep on the floor.  Once she is quite for a few minutes, I go in her room pick her up and put her in the bed.  She will look at me smile and go right to sleep. 

This makes bed time a long ordeal!  But I know she likes being a Big Girl in her Big Girl Bed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried any socil stories to help with this? Will keep praying for the two of you. This too shall pass and you will refind wisdom when things get less atressful. :)

    ReplyDelete